Importance of Fonts for a Webpage
Webpage fonts are essential for creating an impact on the user’s impression of a site. That is why, designers take extreme caution in choosing the right fonts for a website.
The designers deliberate on whether or not must the fonts be too formal or casual, too modern or conservative so as to create a website which has fonts which are enjoyably readable and beautify the website as well. All of these details relating to webpage fonts get conveyed to online visitors when they visit a site.
Tips on choosing webpage fonts in a website:
- Standard Font : It is always best to use standard font types so as to ensure that the intended user has the fonts one uses. With standard font types, this headache can be avoided. Also, one can be doubly sure that the text would be easily readable on any equipment. Avoid experimenting with fancy or rare fonts for webpage as most users may not have these fonts for webpage available at their end.
- Color of website fonts: This aspect is just as important in creating a good impression as web page fonts. One cannot underestimate the importance of web page fonts color. Colors like dark blue would be good for most web page fonts. It does not cause much eye strain and is very easy to read. Never omit to consider background color of a site when choosing the website fonts. To make sure that the selection is proper, remember to carry out a preliminary review of the text before deciding to go ahead and publish it. Among colors, black is regarded as most readable, so is red. One must avoid using jazzy colors like orange for text on a site. It is best to use light colored font if the background color is dark and vice versa.
- TrueType Fonts: The use of TrueType fonts always works because it comprises scalable fonts. Such kinds of fonts are designed to smoothly display as well as print, irrespective of the print size. As the TrueType fonts are supported by all the Windows operating systems, these are easily preferred.
- High Quality Fonts: Remember to always use high quality fonts. The best website fonts are of high quality with clean print and crisp look. Not only in terms of clarity, but in terms of information as well, high quality fonts share relevant information as required by a variety of diverse printing devices. One can even use different fonts that are from the same family. For example if one wants a particular passage or piece of text to stand out, then a change from Arial Black to Arial Narrow is much recommended.
- Font Size: Take a look at the best website fonts. These tend to vary, but one would notice that larger fonts are used for the page headings and slightly smaller fonts are used for the subheading. For the text on the page, smaller fonts of a standard format are preferred. Thus, various font sizes enable a visitor to visually differentiate clusters of content provided on a website.
Last but not the least, a majority of online users are most familiar with reading traditional fonts like Arial, Times New Roman, Tahoma, Helvetica and Verdana. Therefore, while searching for the best suited webpage fonts, putting these tips into practice would help readers easily read the information with renewed interest.