How To Upload And Extract Our Content Management Software
Once you are done setting up your database, the next step for you would be to get our CMS files online. This step would be trivial for those who have direct access. Nevertheless, make sure that you preserve the file permissions in case you are using Linux, using tar -xvzpf exponent_version.tag.gz.
If you wish to extract the files via the Cpanel then you must follow the given steps:
- open any one of the FTP clients such as Transmit FTP, available.
- Upload your copy of addCMS up to the desired location on the server. However, make sure to extract it into its own folder so that if the content management system is installed in the root directory you would have move the files after extraction.
- After uploading the files completely get back to the Cpanel. Here you would find an ?extract file contents? feature that has been built right into the Cpanel's File Manager.
- Switch back to the Cpanel and click on the file manager tab. This would open a new window for you.
- Navigate your way to the uploaded archive by clicking on the folder icons.
- Locate and click the archive to display a list of options at the top right of the file manager window.
- Alternately, you can also get the options from the menu of the ?extract file contents?. Click on this tab to pop up another window that would show you all the files that are being extracted from your archive.
However, those who are using the Cpanel, the fastest way would be to put an archived copy of addCMS up on your server via ftp. Then you can use the Cpanel to extract it.