5 Best Usability Practices for Shopping Carts
An ecommerce shopping cart that has been designed and developed in accordance with the usability factors can definitely turn the most terribly created website shopping cart into a simple to buy from, regular sales earning, ever growing online store for the owner.
It was by no accident that shopping carts and eTailers like ebay, Froogle and Amazon got to where they are today. Only their persistent efforts to improve and loads of research over the market and customer trends has made them one of the big fishes in the market of ecommerce shopping carts.
10 Best Usability Practices for Shopping Carts:
- Heading, Subheading and Navigational Breadcrumbs: Headers, sub-headers and navigational hints in online shopping carts are essential page elements that help customers to establish and reckon which page and topic they are on. Navigational pointers can enable the visitors of the shopping cart solutions to know how deep within the shopping cart site structure they are.
- Contact Info: Many of the customer orders that one receives for the products in the ecommerce shopping carts are made through the website. Therefore, it is of utmost importance that there be complete contact information. The phone number and address of the organization prominently displayed on each of the web pages of the website shopping cart would enable the new customers to place orders with ease. Keeping the contact info on each of the pages would also make your online shopping cart more usable.
- Site Search Function: All shopping carts must have search function linked to the database of the entire website. Every ecommerce shopping cart has a number of products on display. In order to help the customer reach the right product within the huge database of the shopping cart solution one must incorporate an internal site search engine so that customers can spot products quickly and place their orders. Place the site search engine towards the top bar of the shopping cart design to make it easy to see.
- Refined Search Options: Allow users of the shopping cart solution users to quickly and effortlessly. Make the internal site search engine tool within the online shopping cart less complicated by letting the customer search through products by category and sort their options by refining their search further by color, size, brand shape etc. This extra capability of the ecommerce shopping carts equips the user with flexible search options and get their desired results thereby making their orders with customizations as well.
- Visually Appealing Product Images and Buttons: One of the best ways to make a sure shot sale is to captivate the attention of the online customers of the shopping cart with captivating images of the products on sale. Other than good images, the “add to cart” buttons can also make or break shopping cart solutions. In case the shopping cart buttons are not clearly visible, they might give the website shopping cart owner a hard time in converting window shoppers to buyers. An easily accessible “proceed to check out” button can dynamically change the sale rate of a product. For best results one must use bold and bright colors that can allure even the non-shoppers to purchase the products of their interest.
Being sure that all the elements of the checkout pages are enticing and appealing to the online shopper can definitely make a shopping cart solution distinct and serve the purpose it has been made for – making effective online sales